Thursday, July 7, 2016

Before I began working

Before I began working at The Wedding Engineers as a certified wedding planner in Egypt, everything I knew about wedding planning I learned by watching movies. My favourites, Father of the Bride and Bride Wars, both depict chaotic and stressful versions of the process, and include hilarious, though admittedly high maintenance, wedding planners (take a bow Martin Short and Candice Bergen).



Now, thanks mostly to this, our comprehensive planning issue, I understand how complex – and crazy-making! – the process can be. From the moment you become engaged and the first person asks, ‘When’s the wedding?’ the pressure is on. And though I’m sure some of you are already more organised than Franck Eggelhoffer from Father of the Bride, I hear from plenty of brides-to-be who are wondering where they should start.

Over these 146 pages, we talk you through every detail, from choosing a ring together, to finding a photographer, settling on a DJ versus a live band, and planning a dream honeymoon as reward for all your hard work. For each key category we have included the important things to consider, expert advice, check lists, inspiration and a guide to budgeting.

It’s all here!
Though planning your wedding probably won’t resemble a glossy Hollywood
film, it will hopefully be one of the most exciting and fun times of your life. And
regardless of what style you settle on, or how many guests you invite, the goal is
always your perfect day and a long, loving marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment